Sedation Dentistry At Farmington Dental
A reason to dream – experience dental treatment in a whole new light!
Sedation Dentistry is making news across the nation. This popular and growing treatment option has recently been featured in Good Morning America, New York Times, and Wall Street Journal. Sometimes referred to as “comfortable” or “anxiety-free” dentistry, the terms describe the feelings that most patients experience during their sedation dentistry appointments.
Studies show that up to 75 percent of adults in the U.S. experience some degree of dental fear. Millions of patients across the nation are searching for a way to have their dentistry completed without anxiety and fear. As news spreads on the safety and availability of sedation dentistry, more and more patients are requesting this treatment. Call today to schedule a consultation and experience dental treatment in a whole new light.
Conscious Oral Sedation Overview:
- Sedation will provide you a way of getting your dental work done while totally relaxed and completely comfortable.
- Sedation is achieved with the use of various sedatives (i.e. triazolam, midazolam, lorazepam and hydroxyzine) and nitrous oxide or what is commonly called laughing gas.
- Sedation is NOT general anesthesia.
- Sedation allows you to be conscious and responsive.
- You will be very sleepy and relaxed.
- You will be able to verbalize your needs and wants.
- You will be monitored during your entire appointment with blood pressure and pulse oximetry.
- Someone will be with you at all times.
- The sedatives used are amnesiacs – you will have little or no memory of the experience.
- The sedatives used relax your nervous system so you will feel little discomfort and will probably not need any pain medication post-operatively.
- You will continue to relax the rest of the day and into the evening and responsible companion should be with you until the following day.
- Conscious Oral Sedation is covered by some insurance plans.